Submit Now through January 31: 30 Days of Inspiration
January 27 @ 8:00 am - February 12 @ 5:00 pmFree
April: 30 Days of Inspiration, 2023
The submission link will be active January 15-31.
Poets and artists are invited to share original work with the community through a poem-a-day matched with an artwork-a-day for every day in April, in celebration of National Poetry Month and hosted by the Arts & Cultural Council of Bucks County.
Submissions will be accepted January 15-January 31, 2023. The submission link will be active during that time.
April: 30 Days of Inspiration seeks poems and art that explore what strengthens, connects, revives or calms—from small, seemingly ordinary moments to dramatic occasions, broad landscapes, and abstractions. A different poem matched with a different artwork will be featured on ACCBC social media each day of April, 2023. Arts & Cultural Council of Bucks County will curate the exhibition.
COMPLETE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Poetry and artwork submissions will be accepted from January 15-31, 2023. The submission link will be active during that time.
Artists and writers do not have to be residents of Bucks County or members of the Arts & Cultural Council of Bucks County to participate. Submissions from new, emerging, and established artists are welcomed. We especially encourage submissions from historically underrepresented voices in arts communities, and we celebrate the full expression of all identities.
Donations to the A&CCBC and new memberships are encouraged to support our work, but there is no submission fee for this project! Join us!
POETRY SUBMISSIONS: SEND UP TO TWO
- Send up to two (2) poems in a single document (.doc or .docx)
- Use only Times New Roman 12 pt. font
- Each poem should be no more than 20 lines.
- We accept previously published work. Add citation/credit at end of poem.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please let us know immediately if your work has been accepted elsewhere by sending us a note with your name and title of the work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACCBC assumes First Electronic/Online Rights including the right to archive.
- Please adhere to all guidelines. Submissions not adhering to our guidelines will not be considered.
ARTWORK GUIDELINES: SEND UP TO TWO
- Send up to two images (.jpg)
- Web-ready images: 72 dpi, 900-1200 pixels on the longest side
- Quality: Cropped, not crooked
- Labeled: Label (save as) images with your name, the title of the work, and the medium: (i.e., Jane Smith_River View-Oil on Linen.jpg)
- Artists may only submit images once, so make sure they are the best they can be.
- ACCBC has permission to use submitted works for digital and print promotional purposes, including the right to archive.
- Collectors interested in making purchases will be able to reach out to individual artists through websites provided on the artist submission forms. The Arts & Cultural Council will not post prices as part of this Art and Poetry initiative and will not accept any commissions on sales of work.
- Please adhere to all guidelines. The ACCBC reserves the right to refuse submissions that do not adhere to the guidelines.
WE WILL CONTACT YOU…
. . . when the exhibition is curated, and we have scheduled the poetry and art pairings.