This exhibition is held in collaboration with Visit Bucks County, The TileWorks of Bucks County at the Moravian Pottery and Tile Works, with special thanks to the Mercer Museum & Fonthill Castle.
CALL TO VISUAL ARTISTS
R.E.D. Show – REIMAGINE, EXPLORE, DISCOVER: Henry Mercer and His Innovations
A Celebration of Visual Arts at Freeman Hall in Doylestown
March 1 – Kick-off
March 15 – Prospectus available
April 4 – May 9 – Photography Mondays
May 1- 15 – Submissions
May 31 – Drop off
June 3 – Opening Reception & Awards
June 4-5 – Opening Weekend
July 16-17 – Closing Weekend “A Closer Look”
June 1-July 17 – Online and In-person Exhibition
July 18 – Breakdown
IN THE SPIRIT OF MERCER
Visual artists may make a connection to Mercer’s legacy, or, like Mercer, find inspiration for their own work in any number of places:
- Bucks County
- Travel and Adventure
- The Environment
- Pottery and Tiles
- The Arts
- And more
The Arts & Cultural Council of Bucks County’s Re-Imagine, Explore, Discover (R.E.D.) theme returns this June with a 3-day event and month-long exhibition inspired by Henry Mercer’s innovations and arts.
Through R.E.D., the ACCBC invites artists and writers to Reimagine, Explore, and Discover their own creative work in relationship to Mercer’s numerous interests. Work that explores or reflects Mercer’s actual creations as well as his passion for nature, craft making, tools, storytelling, history, travel, and innovating (to name a few), are welcomed, as well as work that pushes boundaries and explores new ways to celebrate art, sciences, and art-making as Mercer did.
CALL TO ARTISTS
- Artists may produce new works in response to the call for art; they may also submit work previously created.
- Submissions from new, emerging, and established artist/writers are welcomed. We especially encourage submissions from historically underrepresented voices in arts communities, and we celebrate the full expression of all identities.
- The exhibition is non-juried; prizes for artists and writers will be awarded at the opening reception on June 3.
- Participants must be members of the Arts & Cultural Council of Bucks County to participate; there is an entry fee.
- Not a member? Join now at https://www.bucksarts.org/join-us/
The R.E.D. exhibition will open with a celebration that will include plein air painting, gallery talks, walking tours, family activities, tile talks, TileWorks tours, a fine art wet sale, artist awards, all over a three-day period from June 3-5, 2022. A “RED Innovators” passport will ensure that visitors to Bucks County who attend events on East Court Street over a period of days will receive a commemorative tile. Artist gallery talks and plein air days will continue Saturdays at Freeman Hall through the run of the show. “A Closer Look” programming will cap off the show during closing weekend, July 16-17.
A&C MEMBER PHOTOGRAPHERS, VIDEO ARTISTS, AND FINE ARTISTS ARE INVITED
Mondays, April 4 through May 9, 9 am – 5 pm
The TileWorks of Bucks County at the Moravian Pottery and Tile Works is inviting Arts & Cultural Council of Bucks County member photographers, video artists, and fine artists to schedule a time to go behind the scenes at the TileWorks and photograph/film inside the historic building in preparation for works to be submitted for the R.E.D. Show.
- Preregistration is required for Photography Days, and artists may only reserve one time slot. Spots are limited and available on a first come, first served basis only. Registration information will be available soon.
- To better plan for this opportunity, interested artists are encouraged to tour the TileWorks prior to scheduling a Photography Day time slot: https://www.thetileworks.org/
- A&C membership status will be confirmed upon registration. Not a member of the A&C? Join now.
Questions? Email email@example.com